Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Investigative Log

Source: Dr. Rawls



Role: Instructor DVC, Ca texbook author, state-wide expert on CA history and issues



Contact: jrawls@diablovalleycollege.edu



Notes: he responded to my email



Action:



New Leads: Your notion about a mystery course is intriguing. I think the thematic element I would add is something about the California dream (fulfilled, denied, contested, reviled, celebrated, abandoned). In my chapter on "Culture and Identity" (32) in the 9th edition of the textbook I try to tie things together around that theme. You may find something useful there. See especially the quotation from Jim Houston at the bottom of page 422. The new material on Kevin Starr even revolves around that illusive dreamlike image of who we are.

No comments: